Saturday February 11, 10-12:00pm
You can learn how to end hunger in our community by growing a garden!
- Plant your own organic seedlings to grow in your garden
- Get tips for growing a lot of food in small spaces
- Learn how to increase your yields
- Tour the SDBG’s Incredible Edibles garden for inspiration
- Learn about the Homegrown Hunger Relief program
- Try simple and tasty recipes using fresh bounty from the garden, and
- Learn delicious ways to reduce food waste at home
Workshop takeaways include, organic seedlings, organic seed packets, garden tools, a local garden resource and planting guide, tricks of the trade for a zero-waste kitchen, and so much more!
This workshop is taught by Mim Michelove of Healthy Day Partners and sponsored by the City of Encinitas.
San Diego Botanic Garden operates according to current County and State guidelines. In accordance with guidance from the County of San Diego and the California Department of Public Health, SDBG encourages visitors to wear masks indoors.
Class format: In person, indoors and outdoors
Cost: $10 refundable deposit. Program includes all materials and Garden admission.
Please register by February 8.