We’re making it easy to get out and explore nature this summer with extended Garden hours! On Thursdays from July 13 to August 17, SDBG will be open until 8 p.m., offering visitors three extra hours to enjoy the Garden during the evening when it is typically less crowded and the warm summer temperatures cool down.
Whether visiting as a family, with friends or solo, here are a few of our favorite ways to fully take advantage of Summer Nights:
- Make it a date night. Walk along idyllic pathways and catch the sunset with your sweetheart. Spectacular sunset spots include our Overlook Tower, Walled Garden and the parking lot area near Seeds of Wonder featuring gorgeous views of the ocean
- Gather your friends to sip and stroll your way through the Garden with a selection of wine or beer option Thursday nights. You can also pre-order sweet and savory treats for two or four – including loaded charcuterie boards and delightful dessert samplers – to enjoy a picnic with the perfect scenic backdrop.
- De-stress with a post-work walk. Get your steps in and clear your head with 4 miles of trails featuring lush trees and beautiful blooms to relax and reset after a long day.
- Bring the kids for a fun evening activity during the week. Enjoy crafting and educational activities with special SAPLinGS programming on Thursday evenings.
- Experience Savage Gardens after hours! Our new carnivorous plant exhibition will be open until 8 p.m. during Summer Nights. These strange and bizarre plants and installations are even more thrilling at night.
- Brush up on your plant knowledge with 30-minute docent-led Sunset Tours around different areas of the Garden. Members of the SDBG team will also be available during our new “Ask A Horticulture Expert” plant talks.
- Enjoy live music at one of our Summer Nights concerts! Tickets are selling fast – be sure to register early so you don’t miss out!
General Admission to the Garden during Summer Nights is the same as daytime hours. Concerts on the Lawn are free for members or with paid Garden admission. Tickets for Amphitheatre concerts need to be purchased in advance and include open seating in the Amphitheater.
We can’t wait to see you for a jam-packed summer of fun!